Wheat Marketing Center Office Manager/Executive Assistant
The Wheat Marketing Center is a non-profit corporation devoted to product research and development in support of domestic and overseas marketing of wheat. The Center conducts research and technical training courses, cooperates with market development organizations, and receives international visitors and technical collaborators.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide office support to the Managing Director and staff.
• Serves as liaison with the public on multi-line phone, email and walk in traffic.
• Oversee bookkeeping, financial records and official reporting.
• Manage personnel records and payroll.
• Assist Managing Director with communications to the Board of Directors and stakeholders.
• Organize the preparation for meetings, workshops and courses.
• Take minutes at committee meetings, transcribe board meeting minutes.
• Carry out projects and programs as assigned by the Managing Director.
• Design and prepare marketing materials.
• Update website and educational displays; support social media program.
• Operate and maintain office equipment and inventories.
• Manage I.T. issues with contractor.
• Communicate with property manager regarding building issues.
Qualifications and Characteristics
• B.A. degree or equivalent experience.
• Three years Quickbooks experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Microsoft Publisher.
• Experience with social media platforms.
• Responsible, reliable, works well with occasional heavy workloads.
• Excellent written and oral communications.
• Possess a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
Medical insurance plan including dental coverage (employer pays 80%); 403(b) retirement plan; short and long-term disability, life insurance; paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional early/late hours involved with meetings or courses/workshops.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to the Wheat Marketing Center: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open now and will remain open until filled.